Directions (Q.Nos. 71-72) in the following sentences. improve the part printed in bold. if needed.
71. He arrived at the venue only after the meeting, was adjourn
- meeting had been adjourn
- meeting was adjourned
- adjourn of the meeting
- No improvement
72. What he intends to propose is lot clear from his letter
- intending to propose
- intended to be proposed
- is intending to be proposed
- No improvement
- 73. War of Roses appears in the works of
Directions (Q.Nos. 74-76) Choose the correct word to fill in the blanks.
74. The idea of introducing genes to correct heritable and other disorders….revolutionary.
- have been
75. A body of volunteers….to help the faculty members in their attempt to raise the funds.
- has been organized
- have been organized
- were organized
- have to be organized
76. Which figure of speech has been used in this following line?
”All the perfumes of Arabia will not sweeten this little hand.”
77. Who wrote the following well-known lines?
Or watch the thing you gave your life to broken, And stop the build’em up with worn-out tools.
- Matthew Arnold
- Rudyard Kipling
- Robert Bridges
- Thomas Gray
78. The indirect speech of ……Pinki said to Gaurav, ‘Will you help me in my work just now?” is
- Pinki asked Gaurav if he would help her in her work just then
- pinki questioned to Gaurav that will you help me in my work just now
- Pinki told Gaurav whether he will help her in her work just now
- Pinki asked to Gaurav that will he help her in her work just now
79. What is the passive form of ‘Please help me’?
- You were requested to help me
- You are being requested to help me
- You are requested to help me
- You have been requested to help me
80. Who till today is known as the dictator of English letters?
- John Milton
- Samuel Johnson
Answers to TSTET Study Material Sample Model Question Paper Answers in PDF